A great start to CW2013 with a range of activities taking place around school. Mr Bidder’s bottle rocket competition got us off to a flying start. Rehearsals for Fowey’s Got Talent and the play are underway, and students have taken part in a range of new activities across the school.
Our BBC School Reporters have been documenting the activities around school with their iPads and cameras and we will post updates all week.
Our Madrid trip party left at 11:30 and will return on Friday. We will post photos of the students, technology permitting, this week.
During Culture Week (1st July to 5th July) the whole school is involved in a series of activities which explore identity, culture, similarity and difference. Every faculty is involved in lesson time, and every tutor group will also have activities to take part in.
Students received a letter on 19th June detailing what will happen and when. Below is a list of details parents and carers need to know:
- The week, which runs from Monday 1st July to Friday 5th July, exposes students to a variety of sports, food, religions, drama, music, art, space travel, architecture, and other exciting experiences designed specifically to encourage all of us to think about the world and our place in it.
- Tutor time will stay the same and students will register in their normal tutor groups. From 9.20am the usual timetable will be collapsed and students will be put into vertical House groups, with whom they will stay for the week. School uniform must be worn as normal.
- Included in the week is Sports Day 2013 on Wednesday 3rd July. Teachers from the PE faculty have been working hard to provide an East meets West focus on sport. This promises to be inspiring and links to the Olympic legacy. Please be aware that your child will need full PE kit on Wednesday 3rd July and one other day in the week.
- On the evening of Thursday 4th July Miss Giles and Mr Walker will host the final of our annual music and drama extravaganza, Fowey’s Got Talent. The finalists will be rehearsing throughout the week to provide you with the best possible performances on the night and tickets will be on sale from reception shortly priced at £2 per adult.
- Culture week will end on Friday 5th July. After Lunch we will have a closing ceremony which will include a performance from students based on the question: ‘What is Culture?’.
If you have any questions, please call Miss Hall on 01726 833484 ext 269.
Photo shows: Ted, our travelling bear, in Brazil on a leg of his current voyage around the globe to learn about life in other countries.
You can read all about Ted’s adventures as they happen in our International section on the website.